Monday, May 7, 2012

25 down, 35 to Go

Only 35 more fun things to do before Orry turns 6.  Only.  Ha!  There are only 34 days until his birthday.  So I guess that we are more or less on top of it.  I'm not even sure that Orry remembers that we are counting down, but we shall keep moving forward.

And now for a look back:

Making wooden models (a stealth plane)

Making cookies 

Zoobilee and the new exhibit Dinosaurs

Orry won his first game of Settlers of Catan

A trip to the Children's Museum

And now for what was probably the best thing we were blessed enough to be able to do:

Meeting more cousins!!
I have to show this picture because this one came next:

Oh Annie, so predictable...

We've done more things than I have pictures of.  For example, just yesterday Troy and Orry made smoothies.  I didn't get a picture, but let me paint for you a picture.  They made them with strawberries, blueberries, yogurt, and cooked broccoli.  (I know, I know.  But it shouldn't surprise you.  Troy is, after all, the "sardine-hiding-in-a-burrito" chef.)  Makes me want to puke just thinking about it.  I did taste them and next to stinky tofu, it was the only other food that made me want to barf.  Strange thing, Orry and Annie ate them without complaint... !!!  We were stunned.  I still want to barf.

As we keep going down the list (which you can find here), I think I'll take charge of the rest of the food related activities...

5 comments:

  1. Raw spinach is the healthiest tasty food you can put in smoothies, I think. The spinach adds no flavor at all, just color and nutrition! If you use some fruits with it, it tastes scrumptious! Just put 1 1/2 cups water (or ice chips) and 2 big handfuls of spinach in the blender with some fruit (anything is good) and voile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing was, I heard broccoli was great in smoothies. And we had some leftovers. I didn't think about whether it should be cooked or raw. I bet raw broccoli mixed with the strawberries would have been delicious. But not cooked broccoli. I'm surprised Orry didn't give me that look like when he found a sardine in his burrito. Anyway, I am glad he liked and slurped up his nutritious treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cooked broccoli...yeah, awesome.
    Looks like you are all having a great time with the fun! The picture of annie running out of the picture is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your posts bonnie. i can almost hear you reading them to me. (oh annie... so predictable!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I read that blog, i revisited the original list, and you are doing really well with it!! It's fun to read. I wish i could be there to try some of Troy's dishes.

    ReplyDelete