Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I-S-A-A-C

My little guy turned four yesterday.  Geez.  It's so strange to think that he's one more year away from kindergarten.  He's always been my little guy.  Here's a picture of what he looked like day before yesterday.


No lie.  

Today he can spell and write his name.  He can count to 11 with no mistakes, most of the time.  He can read LEGO "destructions" and build a flying reptile all by himself.  And he pees standing up.  What a proud mother I am.  

We didn't celebrate his birthday too much today.  For one thing, we just got done celebrating at his grandparents house.  He got a bike and LEGOs.  He had a cake and blew out candles.  He ate one of his favorite meals, Mamita Donna's red beans and rice with sausage.

The birthday boys

For another thing, we are having a birthday party this weekend.  So I think it's okay that we played it low key.  He got a happy meal and a chocolate cake.  And he got to play, all day.  With LEGOs and Orry and Annie.  Lucky. 

So here's to you, my little bubba dinosaur lover.  I hope you have another wonderful year full of growth, health, and happiness.  And don't forget the dinosaurs.  Lots and lots of dinosaurs.



4 comments:

  1. Just the other day Nicole was reminding me that Isaac was an infant when you went to Korea. That was hard for me to believe because for some reason, it seems to me like he's always been about 2 years old. Silly me. Maybe that's because I didn't meet him until he was about 2 years old. Maybe I just wanted him to stay there since he's so darned cute! lylyly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it has something to do with his general sweetness and his speech that makes me see him as a two year old. Even though it's gone by so fast, I feel like it's taken him the longest out of all the kids to get to where he is. I'm sure that when he gets a bit taller and stops wanting to kiss me all the time and hold my hand and be held and sleep in my bed, I'll feel like he's all grown up. So hopefully never, right? And I feel like we should be much further along with all that we've been through together!

      Delete
  2. Four years old. And almost two of those years Texas years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a hard time seeing Isaac any bigger than he was when we left Baton Rouge all that time ago! I love the first photo, and that he is playing with the stellar ab work out thing that came with our apartment!

    ReplyDelete