Thursday, June 30, 2011

Cliché-Fil-A

I love it when the stars align, so to speak.  When things go better than you could have ever planned.  

Speaking of planning, we are going on a mini vacation tomorrow.   We are headed to Austin, TX to see the bats!  I call it mini because we will only be gone for three nights.  I call it a vacation because while I am gone I will not be cooking meals, washing diapers or clothes, or picking up after my wild things (although I can't see the hotel staff being all too pleased if I just leave the place without straightening up somewhat...).  I can't see into the future, so I don't know what the stars have in store for us.  But when I do find out, I'll let you know.  

This evening the stars did align, if only for a moment.  Or a meal.  

Since we are taking this mini trip, we decided to head out for dinner tonight.  Leftovers are in short supply around here and Mama doesn't feel like doing any more dishes (I wish for once that I believed in buying paper plates)!  Since we had a coupon to Chick-Fil-A for a free kid's meal and Chick-Fil-A is one of the only places that uses canola oil to fry their french fries (which contain no soy), we decided to head on over and grab a bite to eat before shopping for supplies for our mini roadtrip.  

Our kids love Chick-Fil-A.  When I say "our kids", I really mean Orry and Isaac.  Sure Annie loves the nuggets and dipping sauces, but the boys love the indoor play gym.  Oh, the indoor play gym.  Land of germs, sweat, and stinky little feet.  So we went for the food and got the added bonus of letting our kids get out their wiggles.  But the story doesn't end there, oh no.  As we were eating we noticed a nice young lady setting up various board games in another section of the restaurant.   We asked her what was going on, to which she replied, "It's Family Game Night.".  Awesome!!  You know we love games, so this was fortuitous.  

We decided to stay a while longer and play a game of Hi Ho Cherry-O, Connect Four, Kerplunk (Toy Story style), and Chutes and Ladders.  It was awesome to revisit some of the games that I played as a child.  And it was great to learn a new game along with the kiddos.  Another one of the great things about this event was that we were the only family taking advantage of such a great offering.  Our kids really had fun playing some of the games all by themselves.  Annie sure loved to fill the whole Connect Four board and bang the dominoes on the table and chair.  

By chance I had my camera in my purse, so I get to share some photos with you.  Lucky you.  All in all it was a win-win situation.  We got some game time and Chick-Fil-A made a couple more bucks off me (I just had to buy an Icedream cup).  We were all pleased as punch.  And we thanked our lucky stars.  


3 comments:

  1. wow, that is AWESOME!
    I love the pictures, but I especially love Isaac's "smile." So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got several little funny video snippets. Sounds like another blog idea!

    ReplyDelete