Friday, April 6, 2012

Green and Growing

Winter came and went. Spring is here in full force. The days have been full of sunshine and gentle breezes. I hope that the already 85°  highs is not a sign that Summer is knocking on our door. But since the weather is accommodating, we took the opportunity to go ahead and start our little garden.

Orry and I made a class lesson out of it. We chose some seeds that we would like to plant. Cucumbers, tomatoes, parsley, basil, sunflowers, beans, and radishes. We examined all the seeds and drew pictures of them. When Troy came home he happily dug out a little spot for us. He and Orry got right to planting. (At this time I was really starting to feel ill from the flu that I didn't suspect I had.) That was March 23. 





We are following up on their progress as the weeks go by. We have many a sprout in our little garden.  It's funny that the plant that is growing best is one that was basically composted in our garden because it finally started to decompose.  That would be the pumpkin.  Also, our avocado pit finally sprouted!  (We planted it a year ago.)


I hope you are all enjoying your springtime.  And if you are growing something, tell us about it!  I also hope that the weather is treating you kindly and that you have a chance to enjoy these beautiful days!

No comments:

Post a Comment