Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Now Lie In It

Chores.  I know I don't like them all that much.  So I decided that it's about time that Orry started to help out around the house.

We've started small.  Very small, in fact.  But you've got to start somewhere, right?  So Orry has started to make his bed everyday. 


I feel pretty proud of myself for getting him into this habit early.  And by early, I mean before he is 28 years old (that's about the age when I started to make my bed regularly).  Now I love to make my bed.  Not only does it look nice all the time, but now the kids don't get my sheets dirty when they sneak into my room and jump on my bed.  

Today I decided to photograph him while he made his bed.  He told me all about the process of making the bed.

First you clear it off.  

How they sleep with books in the bed, I will never know.
Then you straighten your pillows and pull up the sheet.


The previous step is easier to do if your little brother isn't jumping on the bed.

Silly Gonzo.

Then you pull the top cover to make it smooth.

How did he become such a perfectionist?
After it's all smooth you can throw all your stuff back on the bed.




All joking aside, I've come to love an orderly and clean home.  With three kids, it's not so easy most of the time.  But now I've got Orry on my side and everyone knows that you can accomplish more as a team.  

P.S.  It also helps to add the incentive of earning an allowance.  Not necessary, but helpful.

And since we are talking about Orry, I should let you know that Mistake #4 has been corrected!  

2 comments:

  1. I've been wondering about mistake #4. glad it's all sorted out! I think it's great that he has a daily chore. You've got to start them young! Good job.

    ReplyDelete