Sunday, March 4, 2012

Looking Forward

March is here.  This last Friday we went to the zoo.  Here are a few photos:






These last three photos have us looking forward to bird watching.  Isaac's favorite bird is the Blue Jay.  It seems that this year, the jays stuck around for "winter".  I recently saw my first Cardinal of the season.  We've also seen House Finches and European Starlings.  Red-Tailed Hawks are quite common around these parts, as are Louisiana Herons and Laughing Gulls.  If you are interested in doing some bird watching yourself, here are a couple great places for some tips about:

This windy picture reminds me that March is kite flying month!  Well, I don't know how official that is, but in our family, it's pretty official.  The kids are pretty excited about flying kites again.  This year I think we'll try to make our own.  


And this final picture reminds me that we needed to cut our kids' hair (just the boys) pretty bad.  And so, that is what we spent our Saturday doing.  Well, Troy spent part of his Saturday doing it.  And if you might like to spend part of one of your days cutting your kid's hair, you can get some instructions here.  I've actually been meaning to really read through that last link and try to do an outstanding job with my kids' haircuts.  But alas, Troy has had to pick up the slack on that one.  Maybe he'll get the hint and take a long look-see at it... Oh, what am I saying.  He did a great job.  Have a look for yourself:




Yes, we went to the zoo twice in three days.  We have a membership.  We are crazy.    





1 comment: