Tuesday, March 27, 2012

3...2...1...

And we're back!  Well, I am at least.  I don't think that anyone else ever really went anywhere.  For the past month I've been plagued by a series of unfortunate events.  Allow me to explain.  Wait, there is no time.  Allow me to sum up.

After 3 weeks of on and off excruciating mouth pain, my mouth pain became tooth pain and I needed a root canal.  Problem: the nerve in the tooth was necrotic.  During all this I developed a sinus infection and was put on two rounds of antibiotics.  After all that was done I developed a bladder infection and was put on more antibiotics.  After kicking that I got the flu.  I was pretty certain I was going to die.  Just ask Troy.  Now I'm about 82% of the way to better.  I'm left with a sore throat, cough, and congestion.  My voice has all but left me.

A day with Dad
So today was a great day to be me.  My loving husband, who has been taking care of me without ceasing for the past 3 days got to go back to work.  I'm sure he was elated.  Seriously.  I'm pretty demanding as a sickie.  Not to mention melodramatic.  Not to mention that there were 3 kids in the house to take care of too.  Phew!  Just thinking about it gives me the cold shakes.  But it was a great day because we finally got to get out the house together!  No, seriously.  Being trapped in your bed, in a room, in your house without leaving for 3 days is enough to drive a well person crazy.  This former sickie needed to get out!  And here's where I thank God for our local Chick-Fil-A.

The people who own this franchise must have children.  They are constantly having family nights and cool things going on.  And I mean really cool things.  The other week they had a "Build a Bot" night where they were doing robotics.  A few weeks before that they were doing a dinosaur presentation.  Tonight was the Houston Zoomobile!



The Houston Zoo has a Zoomobile that you can rent for an event.  They bring transportable animals and skulls and furs for the kids to touch and learn about.  It was a great time.  The kids loved to listen to all the animal facts and they even got to touch a baby alligator.  Annie loved it because it was a baby.  And since it was such a nice spring day, they had the event outside (I'm sure it was more because of the whole live animal thing).  So we didn't even have to go inside the Chick-Fil-A!  Instead we hopped in the car and drove to our standby diner.  The 59 Diner.



We enjoyed our burgers and fries and cold lemonade.  I enjoyed the idea of not making/cleaning up dinner.  Everyone was happy.  And now for an earlyish bedtime.  I've got to not overdo it.  More blogging to catch up on later.

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you are back! Sorry about the craptastic month of sickies for you. Here is to your health Bon Bon! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tenrec, in the third photo, is the mammal that produces the most young per litter out of all mammals. They have been known to bear up to 32 little ones. Thanks for the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're happy to read that you're feeling better. You are a wonderful wife and mom! Take care Bonnie. See you soon. Kisses for Annie, Orry and Isaac. good job Troy for taking care of Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete