Monday, October 3, 2011

My Little Funny Bones

I'm a complainer.  I'm not proud of it.  Do you remember how bad my days can sometimes tend to go?  I'm sure you remember me complaining about their bedtime.  Right?

Well, you can thank Brooke Shields for this post.  I've posted her recent interview with Hoda (yes, I love watching Kathy Lee and Hoda) so that you can see what she says.  The part I'm referring to starts at 2:30 in the clip.





I love that she mentions how funny her kids are.  This is something wonderful that is true of all kids.  Sometimes we are so wrapped up in other things that we forget to stop and appreciate it.  Sometimes it takes someone like Brooke to remind us of this simple truth.

Annie can't talk yet so her funniness comes by way of faces.  She's got her scrunch face.  I'm sure you've seen it.


She's also got a mean scowl that she won't hesitate to give to anyone that she's unfamiliar with.  Of course, as unfamiliar as she is with you, all you have to do is say goodbye and she'll smile and wave at you like you're family...  She's also got a funny shuffle that she likes to do when you're in a hurry.  Oh, she'll shuffle those feet 1/4 inch at a time.  Lastly, she's a mimic.  She'll follow behind one of the boys and if he bends down to fix his shoe, she'll bend down and fix hers.  If he turns a circle and jumps in the air, by golly, she will turn that same circle and do all in her power to get her feet off the floor.  She's funny.

Isaac is talking up a storm.  It still isn't 100% understandable, but he's made tremendous progress.  Some of his funniness comes from mixed up syllables.  Some of his funniness comes from words that aren't understood, but sure do sound like bad words.  Funnier than his speech is his personality.  Part of it is that he loves to have a good time.  He'll toot in your face and say, "That's us!".  He's just a funny kid.

Dinosaur mask and claws.  Rraahhh!

Orry is talking and I just have to use that cliché.  Kids say the darndest things.  Just the other day he dropped this gem on me: "Mommy, I think it would be better if it was just me."  And who can forget, "A bee ate my booger!"?  Not me.  And the other day, while having one of Troy's co-workers over for dinner, Orry decided to describe our guest's hair (or lack thereof).  He said, "You're blind."    

Posing with his black balloon sword and butterfly mask.  What a combo...
The other thing from the interview worth mentioning is how fast they grow up.  Too fast if you ask me.  I'd rather not dwell on it for too long.  The evidence is there, staring me in the face, day after day.  For now, I'll just put my feet up and laugh while I can because I'm pretty sure that next week they'll each want their own cellphone and smart car...



4 comments:

  1. aleemay was pretty obsessed with smart cars over the summer. we tried realy hard to spot one each time we went out.
    then she realized what she REALLY likes is an old GMC apache. (probably made in the 50s).
    kids are funny. kids are great. when we're feeling sorry for ourself i think the best thing to do is to turn to the Truth and see really how blessed we bee. bonniebee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids do grow up to fast, there is no doubt about it. I love Annie's faces, i love Isaac's mispronounced words and that sometimes it might be better for Orry is he was the only one. I liked the clip with Brooke, but did you find it slightly disturbing that Morticia's boobs were like REALLY there in her dress. The Morticia I remember (good ol' Angelica Houston) wore a dress the covered her entire chest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't mind my own cell phone and a smart car.

    balnestf: A rugged breed of dogbird that builds its nest out of lost golf balls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only thing I can think to say about Morticia's over pronounced bust is that things are bigger on Broadway. I sure did love the Addams Family movies growing up. Christina Ricci was so young! Great idea! Addams Family marathon. I'll probably have to go through and make sure the movies are appropriate for the kiddos to watch. Funny how you forget specific parts of movies that you haven't seen since you were a kid and when you go back and watch them you can't believe that you watched them soo young!

    ReplyDelete