Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sending Our Love

My resolution this year was to write more handwritten letters.  I always get a giddy feeling when I receive handwritten letters and I wanted to pass that along.  After telling my idea to Troy, we decided to make it a family affair.  Every Sunday would be devoted to drawing pictures and writing letters that we would then send off to our friends and family.

Like many of my resolutions, I started with a bang and as the year has worn on my enthusiasm has fizzled.  But I am determined to keep this resolution alive.  So today I staged an intervention.  A card making intervention.

I gathered the supplies.  Card stock, glue sticks, paper scissors, a ruler, stickers, magazine cut outs, and crayons (to name a few).  And as a family we started creating some one of a kind cards to send out over the next few months.

There is a certain someone's birthday that is happening in a few days.  So for her, I made this one:

"We hope you have a "WHEEL-Y" happy birthday"
We are also expecting a new baby next month:

Annie made this one for you, little baby Boudreaux!
And we know a couple of kids that are having birthdays in October.  So the boys made these:

Two candles for a sweet little girl

And a special dinosaur joke for a handsome little man
Some undetermined, but still very special, person will get this gem:

Thinking of "mew"
Hopefully this activity will reignite that spark that we had only 8 months ago.  Hopefully we can finish mailing all our friends and family in the four short months that are left in this year.  Hopefully I can keep coming up witty phrases...  There are many more birthdays and holidays before the year is up!






6 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!! Too cute, you are such a creative mamma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so awesome!
    I particularly like the one with the cake and the 2 candles!!! We got our letter yesterday and I'm STILL laughing about the "no" sticker Isaac put on his drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! isaac was allowed to choose 2 stickers. he chose the crayon and the "no". other stickers on the same sheet as the "no" were ones that said "gossip" and "i love boys". so i'm glad that he chose the "no".

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahahahahahahaahahahaha. i think we'd STILL be laughing if he had chosen "i like boys."

    ReplyDelete
  5. We surely did love getting all your handwritten letters in the mail. Thanks a bunch! lylyly

    ReplyDelete