Sunday, May 29, 2011

Party Like It's 70 Million Years Ago!

I could probably think of a million adjectives to describe this awesome (that's one) day.  I'll just let our pictures do most of the talking.

The crawfish pond

Notice the pistol?


















The morning started with a quick trip to the crawfish pond.  My dad set 6 traps and was hoping to get enough for us to have a taste for lunch.  This was something that just he and Troy did together.  Read about it and watch some videos here.




The crawfish boil went off without a hitch.  Shout out to my dad!  My dad makes the best crawfish.  Annie agreed.  The boys were too busy to try any and maybe they just weren't interested.  Lunch was followed by the making of homemade fresh strawberry ice cream and sprinkler fun.





Scared of the water



Afterward, naps were in order.  For the kids, not the adults.  We scrambled to make kabobs, cupcakes, party hats, and a "pin the small arms on the T. Rex" game.  Shout outs to my mom, sister, and Troy!  The food was good.  The party hats were the best!  The game was hilarious.  I'll have to try to upload some hilarious videos that we took of all the adults taking turns trying to pin on those small arms.











Isaac was happy with his presents.  He's still at that age where presents are fun because they're presents, not because they are things that were specifically wished for.  He he had a great day.  So did we.  Probably the best day ever (so far). Happy Birthday, baby boy.  I won't be able to say that much longer.  I'll enjoy it while I can and cherish the memories forever!









4 comments:

  1. the hats were amazing, the game looked hilarious, the cupcakes delicious and the people lovely! So basically you made the best birthday ever for Isaac! You can totally plan a dino birthday party for me if you ever want too :)
    -nic

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll definitely throw you a dino bash! i didn't get to use all my games ideas. there's "run from the meat-eaters" tag, bobbing for fossilized apples, and "don't step in that tar pit" hopscotch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha ha ha ha!

    great report, bebito.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantabulous! Sounds like fun, can't wait to see you all soon!

    ReplyDelete