Monday, August 5, 2013

Hiatus

It should come as no surprise that I've let this blog fall by the wayside, as of late.  I could blame it on our busy schedule with working, playing, schooling, exercising, cooking, cleaning, playing.  And that's just what I'll do.

Life has been steadily chugging along.  Annie turned 3 in January.

I joined Troy in the 30's this February.

We began (and I totally take more credit than I should for this) raising bees this spring.  This is Troy's new hobby and it's been a great learning experience for the rest of us as well.

Isaac turned 5 this May.  He will be starting kindergarten at the end of this month.  He is super stoked and asks everyday if it's time for school.

Orry turned 7 this June...  Man.  I can't believe that my life journey has included at least one kid for 7 years now.  He will be going to the second grade and I assume that he's excited to go, but he hasn't verbally expressed it yet.

We finished the school year with a good report card.  Our summer began with some trips to Louisiana and ended with a "Mega Trip" (as Troy would call it) across the country.  The summer isn't over quite yet.  There are still a couple of weeks until we start back up again.

We've had pretty good success with our backyard garden this year.  We've had a few cucumbers, lots of greens, too many tomatoes, and are still waiting on our carrots and beets.  I do believe the bees (and Troy) deserve the credit here.

We've enjoyed watching skunks and cattle birds in the early morning hours.

Summer 2013
Our memberships to the Houston Zoo and HMNS are still going strong.  The park nearby has also become a place that we frequent, often in the evenings when it's a tiny bit cooler.

I hope to keep this blog more up to date in the days, weeks, months to come.  It will be easier at first since there is much to tell about our "Mega Trip".  Hopefully our life will be bursting with excitement that I just can't contain and this will be a good outlet for that.  Until then, I hope you all have had an awesome summer!



1 comment:

  1. i'm glad to hear your life via blog posts. I've started up again since leaving facebook... I feel like I have to keep up somehow. :)
    thanks for writing.

    ReplyDelete