Wednesday, July 11, 2012

While Away

We are on vacation!  And have been for over a week now.  Where did we go?  To my parents' house.  What are we doing?  Working.

Kitchen ready for an update!
That's not entirely true.  Troy has been working.  He helped to prep their kitchen for granite countertops and then went to work putting in some beautiful glass tile backsplash.  And on top of that, he's been doing work on our rentals, getting them ready for the next steps (whatever that means).  




The kids and I are vacationing.  We've been keeping quite busy while still managing to enjoy some indulgences, like excessive snowballs and TV watching.  Here's a string of photos to get you up to speed:


A trip to the Waterlife Museum (Yes, we are still checking things off the list)

Looking at the bayou

Counting the turtles

It wouldn't be a trip to Mamita Donna's without a trip to Chick-fil-A

Dinosaur arts and crafts

Playing the rain


Eating ice cream sandwiches

We've done a bit more, but I tend to forget to bring the camera along.  Give me a break!  I'm on vacation!!

And finally, if pictures weren't enough.  We've got video.  




4 comments:

  1. The backsplashes look great! Hope ya'll are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the end it looks like you got your own game of hug-o-war.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds so good, I wish I could have been there!!

    ReplyDelete