Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Enough W(h)ine

Here's a joke to set the tone of this blog post:

How do you know when you've squeezed a grape too hard?
It lets out a little wine.


"Noooo.  No pictures."


Ha ha.  Very funny.  But whining is no laughing matter.  It's downright annoying and a terrible habit.  Unfortunately, it's a downright annoying, terrible habit that all of my children have developed.  *Insert agonizing, guttural noise here*

I should say that this is not the first time that we've encountered this problem.  It seems to be cyclical.  Or maybe it's just a problem that hides, as if in hibernation, for a time before coming back out with a vengeance.    Whatever the case maybe, it has to stop.  My coffee addiction is bad enough.  We don't need to add alcohol to my list of chemical dependencies.

"Heeeeeeh.  Don't take my picture!"
And so begins, again, the arduous task of reinforcing the "no-whine" policy in our family.  We are also hitting the problem with a heavy dose of "manners" and "no means no".   And let's not forget our listening and communicating skills.  *Sigh*

So far, things have been better.  But don't be alarmed if you hear me asking for more wine.

4 comments:

  1. WOW! Orry really looks old when he whines! Don't give in, it's a noble task to eliminate the whining, Bonnie. I used to say to the kids, "I'm sorry but my ears can't hear whining sounds. My ears can only hear normal tones of voice."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! So that's where Troy gets that saying. And here I was thinking he came up with that one all on his own...

      Delete
    2. I but stand on the shoulders of parenting giants.

      Delete
  2. oh yeah, we can't hear whining requests in this house either!!! I'll pour you a glass bonnie! stick with it :)

    ReplyDelete